This is just a space where I will write about the more personal things that I think about or am feeling. Unlike my other blog, Jazzy's Notebook, this isn't something I want to share with the whole world. So why blog about it right? Well, for my entire life I always kept journals. Wrote about my feeling and thoughts and experiences. Then, 2 of the closest people to me, read them, at different points in my life. I do not regret them reading it now. At the time I was so mad I threw all of my journals away. Years of writing gone. So, I turned to blogging. Here it is forever and I can share it or keep it private. Yes, I have random thoughts. I write about books, movies, gardening or whatever else comes to mind on my other blog. If you want light-hearted and easy going, check that one out. Here, I will share my deeper thoughts that are not all pink and easy. I usually keep the deep thoughts inside. I'd like to let them out. So here goes.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

About 6 weeks ago I changed my diet to a ketogenic diet and started taking the keto os supplement. A ketogenic (keto) diet is where you train your body to burn fat instead of sugar. You do not eat sugar or processed carbs. Really your carbs come from greens. I know this sounds crazy. In essence you eat high fat, moderate protein and low carbs. By low I mean 50g a day or less. Most days I'm at 20g or less. I'm not writing this to convince anyone to do this. It is more to monitor my progress and share my experiences. What started out as a diet for weight loss has quickly changed and become a way of eating for overall health. There are so many benefits that are greater than weight loss. But we wont go into all of that now. As with anything there is an adjustment period. For the first month or so my workouts suffered. I was running slower, lifting slower and lighter and just overall not where I was when I was eating junk all the time. Interesting huh! This is a normal part of the transition. Your body will fight you and will not want to run on fat at first. But when it does its a great thing. Today I ran 5 miles and it was awesome. I could have probably run forever if it weren't for the blisters on my toes. I want to start sharing my experiences because I feel one day in the future I will wish I had. Also my blogging which was a passion of mine has just been on the back burner and I'd like to get back to it a bit. Here I am after my run. It rained for 3 miles and then was sunny for the last 2. I don't look particularly happy since I've had a rough couple of days but such is life. Every day isn't perfect and on the days where we feel down or sad or mad its just best to keep on going. One foot in front of the other. You know how you see the meme or quote "you never regret the workout you completed only the ones you don't?" Well that is so true. I can't remember a time in my life where I'd thought to myself, "Geesh, I wish I wouldn't have done that workout." 

1 comment:

  1. Nutrabursts is our Health, Diet, and Reviews website. We provide you with the latest Health and Diet Blogs and videos straight from the Health industry.
    https://nutrabursts.com/

    ReplyDelete