This is just a space where I will write about the more personal things that I think about or am feeling. Unlike my other blog, Jazzy's Notebook, this isn't something I want to share with the whole world. So why blog about it right? Well, for my entire life I always kept journals. Wrote about my feeling and thoughts and experiences. Then, 2 of the closest people to me, read them, at different points in my life. I do not regret them reading it now. At the time I was so mad I threw all of my journals away. Years of writing gone. So, I turned to blogging. Here it is forever and I can share it or keep it private. Yes, I have random thoughts. I write about books, movies, gardening or whatever else comes to mind on my other blog. If you want light-hearted and easy going, check that one out. Here, I will share my deeper thoughts that are not all pink and easy. I usually keep the deep thoughts inside. I'd like to let them out. So here goes.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

First week in keto

Where to start with keto?
What should you eat?
What can I expect?
It can seem very overwhelming at first. All I thought was no more bread, no baked goods. I'm going to die. There are many ways to do the keto diet. It depends on what works for you which will take some time to figure out. Are you going to each cheese? Are you going to eat peanut butter? Are you going to carb up? How does your body react to these things? From my research, no matter which approach you choose, I would suggest making some fat bombs. For me they were a big help for the first 2 weeks while adjusting. Here is one of my favorite recipes for chocolate peanut butter fat bombs from the blog Butter is not a Carb. I didn't add sweetener when I made them and I also used almond butter instead of peanut butter. I stored them in the freezer and ate 1-3 as needed. Normally, one would suffice but for special lady time of the month I have eaten 3 lol. 

Macros. Macros. Macros. All we hear about lately are macros. How to figure out your macros? Check out this keto macro calculator. 

Also, just remember if you are diving right in and getting rid of carbs, sugar, soda and other things be prepared for some resistance from your body. You might be cranky, irritable or you may have a headache. Your body will fight you. For me, personally, I didn't have many issues "detoxing." I have been eating mindful for a long time. Since February I was really monitoring my food. Eating lower carbs, healthy fats. I would still have "cheats" or foods off plan. However, I did not drink coffee, juice, soda, milk, alcohol, eat white carbs, steak and a slew of other things. My issues that lead to weight gain were eating when I was stressed. While stressed there was also no limit on when to stop eating the junk. That in itself is another issue that I had to work through and I'll save that for another post entirely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment